Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have Eudora 7.0.1.9 Due to a windows update, I am getting

Customer Question

I have Eudora 7.0.1.9 Due to a windows update, I am getting an error when I open Eudora
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: lenove pc . The trash mbx file won't open due to a bad sector error 0x80070570 directory is corrupted or unreadable. The problem is that the file cannot be deleted or renamed or moved because of this. The directory really is corrupted and it can't be fixed and there is no previous version to go back to. I have other mailboxes that have valuable data that I need to get. Is there a way to reinstall Eudora from a download and move some of my mailboxes over to it.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Windows installed updates automatically, but I can't seem to go back. Read my previous paragraph about that.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: You said to minimize you without answering the question
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 10 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

If there is a bad sector on the hard drive, you should try to backup everything as quick as possible and get a new hard drive to restore the backup to, because the chances are usually very high that the damage will expand quickly. Do I understand right that you do have no backup of your hard drive / email inboxes? What I could try is to recover the bad sectors with a special tool, so that you can at least backup the files, but that is a lengthy and difficult process, which I would need to do via remote-connection to your computer. What do you think?

Please reply at the box below (there are no additional costs associated with this, you can reply as often as you wish).

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck