hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician since 2007
40928634

I am having trouble with a box popping up on my screen while

Customer Question

I am having trouble with a box popping up on my screen while I am playing my slots. the box says it is from adobe flash player wanting to store files on my computer & it won't let me deny it or cancel & I can not play any of my games while it is there. what do I do to get rid of it?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: dell OptiPlex 755 ,I've had it about 6 months
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it has been going on about a week & as far as troubleshooting I don't know much I am new to computers
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 10 months ago.

Hello there the Flash player already stores information but it needs more space for your slots that you are playing. Please read more about it here click me

​If you click "Allow" can you continue to play your slots please?

​It is recommended to click "Allow" as this is a legitimate question from the Flash app that is running on your computer

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it won't allow me to click on any response

Hello do you see two options on the question box allow & deny?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hello,i see both boxes allow & deny! it doesn't matter which one I click on,it will not respond to anything!

Hmm thank you that is a strange one. Please tell me how are you playing the slots? Which web browser are you using? I fixed this before with a customer by making sure that the browser window was set to 100%

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am not able to play slots with this box there.as far as what browser,i don't know as my son set up my computer & he lives in AZ with noway to contact him for the next 3 weeks. how do I find out?

Hello do you use a separate programme to play slots or use the same programme when you search the Internet for something ie Internet Explorer or Edge or Chrome or Firefox?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
internet explorer
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am going to have to leave for about an hour or two as I have a doctot appt. I am leaving my computer on this site,so I hope I can get back t you then.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sorry about my lack of computer knowledge

Thank you please kindly download and try using Google Chrome and tell me if the same thing happens

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
down load what? & how
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I really need step by step instructions
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
download what & how? ireally need step by step instructions.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i don't know if you are still there or not,but so far I'm not impressed with your answers or the speed at which I get them.

Hello Google Chrome is another Web browser; like Internet Explorer.

You can go here to download it click me

​After it's installed, open Google Chrome and go to the website for your slots and see if you get the same problem with flash. If you don't then we know the problem is with IE but we need to isolate the issue before we can fix it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
if I install google chrome will it delete IE, because I really don't want to change things on my computer & end up with more problems than I have now

Hello no it will not delete IE. It is a separate browser in its own right.