The font size changer (the one in the r-hand bottom on the

Customer Question
toolbar with the %'s of...
The font size changer (the one in the r-hand bottom on the toolbar with the %'s of sizes in it) has disappeared. I must have bumped something to make it disappear (have arthritis in my whole hand, so it's difficult for me to type fast). How can this be restored? This just happened today, but wasn't noticed right away.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: ASUS with Windows 7.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know of.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
12/10/2016
Tech Support Specialist: The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager replied 11 months ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

and what program is this in?

Not quite sure what you mean about "program". Have an ASUS computer, and run Windows 7. NOT even interested in Win 10. Maybe down the road, but not now.
No thank you. Just give an answer will do.

i mean you are talking a bout a font changer.

It would be difficult to answer if you can't tell me what program you are having this problem in.

Program is application, not the operating system.

It isn't in any particular application. It's gone from the taskbar, period. I can't explain it any better than this. No matter where I go (say Yahoo, or on a particular subject within Yahoo, say I want to go to a particular site, the font sizer is gone).

there is no font sizer in windows 7 that goes on the taskbar.

Unless you installed some custom application.

That is why I am saying that there has to be a particular application.

The only way to adjust system fonts on windows 7 is to go into a particular settings section and adjust for individual windows. It is quite involved.

Hmm....what I had was already on the task bar when we got this computer. It was a pop-up window in the r-hand corner of the task bar. Click on it, and it had a list of %'s (starting from 50% up to over250% on it; I don't remember how high it went, as I usually didn't go over 175%, and even that was rarely done. I usually just used the 100 or 125% setting on any page that I needed it for.
Maybe this is a "factory setting" of some sort??

perhaps. but I am afraid I cannot help any further.

Good luck

Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Does this issue occur when using the Internet / websites?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Ok.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Andy, Computer Consultant