Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a gateway computer. Windows 8. I forgot the password

Customer Question

I have a gateway computer. Windows 8. I forgot the password ***** tried to fix using online instructions. This computer will not open past the password- will not install updates or basically inoperable. I can't get to the home page I am sure I have viruses
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: Windows 8
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No. I have not used it in over a year. I have tried from time to time but no luck
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This computer is about 5-6 years old. At one point I tried to install Windows 10 but was unable to get all the way thru the installation. I know that one time I installed a free virus protection from online. I already had virus coverage and I tried repeatedly to remove that from my computer but to no avail. I think that is where problems all started
Category: Computer
Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

Hey there, I'm Tim.....so you forgot your password, have a virus? or are unsure? Please give me as much info as you can.