My Lenovo T440 will not read my Seagate expansion portable

Customer Question
drive. I am running...
my Lenovo T440 will not read my Seagate expansion portable drive. I am running windows 7. It has always worked and now today does not. Please help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
11/29/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Is it being detected at all Jenny and giving an error? Or it s not even showing up?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is not even showing up

Thanks

Can you click start, right click computer and select manage

Then select disk management.

Do you see the hard drive listed there?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think it is listed as Disk 2

ok, click on it and click assign drive letter, then set a drive letter

Then try to access it

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I use any letter

yes that is ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not know how to assign a letter to it. Left click does nothing and right click I can see properties etc. And yes in properties it does say Seagate Drive.

You need to right click on it and then you can select it

You see it then?

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please continue - it is too expensive to accept the offer and I do not know who you are - this might be a scam. I have been badly caught before

ok, I have been on this site for 6 years and we are here for 13 so I can promise you it is not a scam, but we can continue here of course.

You may have missed the last instructions, I will repeat.

You see it then?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not get a choice to select it when I right click

ok, lets see if it is the Seagate, disconnect it from the computer, go back to disk management

Does it still show there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok disconnected
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now it is not there -
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it does not show now

ok, so it is the drive.

So connect it again and tell me exactly what you see when you right click it please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It has diagonal lines accross

ok, that means it detects it but cannot talk to it.

Connect it to a different USB port on the computer

Is there any change?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is the same

ok, and to be 100% sure, you did try another cable correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tried three cables today

Thanks

It is the internal disk that has faulted, this has crashed and failed. The data on this has been lost sorry

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the drive to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You have not helped at all - another scam.
The disk still says it has the data on it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
DO NOT TAKE MY MONEY FOR THIS SCAM

ok, I am sorry you feel I have scammed you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You have not helped at all. DO NOT TAKE MONEY FROM MY CREDIT CARD

It is I feel wrong for you to level such an accusation at me without any real merit and it is not how people should be treated Jenny.

I provided you a service, gave you an accurate answer and once you received this, then you have decided to take such a hostile tone towards me.

It is a pity you choose to end it this in such a manner.

Speak to customer service about any payment questions

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will

.

Richard, Computer Specialist