Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I use Quicken6 on my Windows XP computer and want to be able

Customer Question

I use Quicken6 on my Windows XP computer and want to be able to use it on my new Dell laptop computer that I am beginning to use. It has Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Is this possible?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Dell? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Inspiron 11 3000 Series 2-in-1 Laptop. Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Thanks for the prompt response.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes, I think so. By the way how do I know if I have already installed updates?
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I hope you can tell me the steps needed to allow me to use Quicken 6 on my new Dell Inspiron 3000 computer which uses Windows 10 Home.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 9 months ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

OK so quickin 6, may not work on windows 10.

Especially if it is now working on windows XP.

Do you still have the installation files for quicken? What I mean is the CD zoo or DVD's that came with quicken... Do you still have them?

You can install older programmed on windows 10 using a feature called program compatibility.

I would like to do a remote session with you to be able to install quickin on your new dell computer, but I can only do that if you have the install files for quicken 6.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have the 3 1/2 discs and can connect an external A drive to the Dell computer's USB port. Will that work?

Yeah, as long as the Dell computer is able to SEE and READ the discs, we are good to go.

.

But, it would be best if we do a remote session, so i can do the compatibilioty install to make sure its worksing.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your thoughts. I'm not willing to spend additional funds at this time.

okay, well,you have to run the SETUP.exe file that is on the discs (probably disc 1) in program compatinbilty mode for Windows XP.

.

Right click on the Setup.exe file (this file is on the disc, and you have to open the disc in explorer window) and select "Troublshoot Compatibility"

This will start the program compatibility feature software within windows 10, and ask you a series of quesitons.

Then it will ask you to TEST, click on Test, and go though the INSTALL of Quicken 6.

.

That is it in a nutshell....the step by step is A LOT MORE, hence the reason for remote session.

Were you able to install Quicken 6 using the compatability feature?