Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
Experience:  Systems Administrator
58973002

My print screen button does not work, it's a dell all in one

My print screen button does not work
JA: What's the make and model of your computer?
Customer: it's a dell all in one computer and i have to turn it around to get the model no.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: i don't think so
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Try holding the Fn key on lower left corner of keyboard, then pressing the prt sc button

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i don't think i have one? i am looking all around my keyboard and i don't see it?

do you have keyboard that came with computer or a different one?

Download Greenshot here; https://github.com/greenshot/greenshot/releases/download/Greenshot-RELEASE-1.2.8.14/Greenshot-INSTALLER-1.2.8.14-RELEASE.exe

Then when you install the above program and hit print screen does it give you options on how to save it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i have the keyboard that came with the computer however when i installed new batteries it didn't work so i installed a different keyboard however i don't see the model no. on the back of it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
is this software safe to install? i get a message that reads the publisher could not be verified

yes its safe

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it is now installed

try to print screen

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
when i hit the print screen button i don't get the picture of my screen just a big plus sign that is hard to get rid of and my screen freezes as well.

try the windows logo key on the keyboard and the print screen button at the same time

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no i hit both at the same time and nothing happens

ok we probably need to adjust the settings on the green program

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
okay i found the usb to my dell keyboard so i am going to unplug this keyboard and plug in the dell keyboard and see if that works.

ok

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
okay my dell keyboard works however when i press the PrtScrn button on top nothing happens however i will try and use the windows logo as well as the PrtScn button
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
okay i just tried it now and nothing happens
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hello are you there?

yes I'm here can we do a remote session?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you for your help, i appreciate it, however i had to call my Cable provider to get help again and i was told to get an Ethernet Cable for my dell - CAT 5E. So again i appreciate your help. Thank you.

no problem is everything fixed now?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
as i said i am going to purchase a ethernet cable for my pc.

ok sounds good!