I am going to buy two items from asus: monitor and graphics

Customer Question
hi, I am going to...
hi, I am going to buy two items from asus: monitor and graphics card with Display ports cable connectivity on both sides. Could i be sure to get the video/sound signal on my monitor 100%? Is DVI port on the graphics card is a must at all times to get connectivity with the main(key) monitor, not as a mirror monitor?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: 1.Windows pro 7
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: 2.ASUS MX27AQ 27" WQHD 2560x1440 IPS HDMI Eye Care Frameless Monitor
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: 3.ASUS Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Turbo Edition VR Ready Dual HDMI 2.0 DP 1.4 Auto-Extreme Graphics Card (TURBO-GTX1060-6G)
by Asus
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
11/26/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Computer'sGuru, Computer Software Engineer replied 11 months ago
Computer'sGuru
Computer'sGuru, Computer Software Engineer

Welcome,

Hope you are doing well

DVI port on the graphics card is NOT required to get connectivity with the main(key) monitor.

You can keep your computer's output for your main(key) monitor and one HDMI port for another ASUS MX27AQ 27" WQHD 2560x1440 IPS HDMI Eye Care Frameless Monitor

Hope it helps you

leave your rating by selecting five stars located on the top right of the question page. Giving a positive rating compensates the Expert for their time with you. Please remember that your Expert will not be paid until you leave a positive rating for the answer. If the stars are grayed out or you cannot click on the stars to rate your experience, reply to your Expert and let them know so they can adjust your question and allow you to rate.

Please read:

https://ww2-secure.justanswer.com/help/do-i-have-rate-answer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Please consider adding bonus

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/what-if-expert-does-really-fantastic-job-hl

We can continue the conversation until you're satisfied and rate my answer as excellent to credit me. I can address follow up questions and I'm always here to help.

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like other customers to get instant answers. It will ensure that question is for me.

Please bookmark my profile page:

http://www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-logicpro/

so you can come back and ask me a question anytime.

Thank you for using this site!

LogicPro

Computer'sGuru
Computer'sGuru