I keep getting billed for Skype on my cried card. but I

Customer Question
don't have Skype on my...
I keep getting billed for Skype on my cried card. but I don't have Skype on my computer
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: hp windows 7
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I used to have Skype, but it stopped working, so I removed it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
11/24/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Clearly and evidently, the Skype subscription was not cancelled, and uninstalling the program, unluckily, did not stop the charges/payments schedule.

I hope you remember, or can retrieve, the account information for your Skype account?

(If not, probably you can contact Skype and work through to identifying your account, etc.)

The thing to do, that would be easiest and simplest, would be to log in to your Skype account (and you hopefully don't have to have the Skype software installed to do this, but can simply access the Skype website), and cancel your payment/subscription, and then close the account.

Here is the link to the page that describes the details of the process of cancelling Skype payments:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1881/how-do-i-cancel-or-change-my-skype-subscription

You start by signing in to your Skype account here:

https://secure.skype.com/account

which can be done on a web page (without the Skype software being installed, at all) just as I said.

After going through that process, if you want to, you can apply for a Refund on your Skype payments, if you wish to take the time (it is not certain to yield any results) by these methods (using Chat in a web browser):

• Start a live chat. If you're not signed in to Skype, enter your Skype Name and password, then click Sign me in.
  • Under Choose a help topic, select Payments.
  • Under Choose a related problem, select Cancel and Refund (Skype Credit/Subscription).
  • Click Next.

You can finish this up by deleting your Skype account (and your number, pretty much) if you like. Let me know if you're interested in how to go about doing that.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Russell H., Computer Systems Expert