Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
59725966

I am trying to transfer old vhs tape to my computer, using

I am trying to transfer old vhs tape to my computer, using Dazzle/Pinnacle 14, which I uploaded and installed today. The red/yellow/white plugs are inserted. But I get "no input signal" when I try to "start capture". The tapes were made in North America but I am in Europe, using a VHS player that plays both PAL and NTSC formats.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: The video player is about 15 years old. It's an LG model. We have been using it since it was new.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not sure. Probably several days ago, before installing the Dazzle disc.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Only perhaps that I am not overly tech-savvy.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Initially, please recheck your connections.

Your vcr (and possibly the video card in the computer too) may have both inputs and outputs.

You need to have the OUT on the vcr connected to the VIDEO IN on the computer. If those are mixed or reversed, you'll get no signal.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will do. This could take a minute to access back of video player.
The VCR out cable goes into the back of the TV. There is no VIDEO in jack on the computer. I have the feed from the VCR
linked through a Dazzle DVD recorder into the computer.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No thanks. I'll have to check on it again later today. Thanks for getting back to me anyway.

Well by computer, I meant the dazzle recorder interface, sorry for the confusion.

But if your vcr out goes to the tv, then the other set of vcr connections is likely going to the dazzle and that is an input.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Your answer was fair enough. The issue seems to be with the video player itself. Thanks for your support.

You're very welcome.