Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

We have been hacked by a professional hacker who use to work

Customer Question

We have been hacked by a professional hacker who use to work for best buy. Over two years he has been hacking every computer desktop (2) (3) laptops (1) ipad (3) tablets our cell phones, smart tv. Every Bluetooth device we own. Including my trackball mouse. He was given remote access to my husbands lenova laptop when I was away for a week. Husband knows nothing about computers and trusted the guy to set our wifi service up. When I found out I nicely asked him to remove himself and not remotely connect. That made him angry and he said when people make him mad he can screw up everything they have and no one can do anything about it. I am 64 yrs old and my husband almost 70. We need help badly.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Lenovo? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Im not sure its in the garage, boxed up.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: We have been able to do anything n almost 3yrs. He is using my husbands cell phone, vpn, bluetooth tethering via wifi.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Every googe app, github, cloud, Gmail, chrome , linux, mozilla firefox, safari, its a mess n now my car radio has Bluetooth capability. He has that now. Records our conversations, use camera, etc.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry this has happened to you. First Report this Hacker to the Internet Crime Bureau here - http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

I need to ask you a couple of questions :

What is the model of your Wireless router ?

Do you have a network printer ?

What is the model and brand of your two desktops and the three laptops?

What is the operating system for your desktops and laptops ? (Windows 7, 8 or 10) or Mac ?

same question for the iPad and the tablets.

What is the Internet browsers you are using (Firefox, Google Chrom,safari....)?

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It will take me awhile to gather all the info you requested. I also take care of my 84yr old mother but promise asap today. Thk u so much.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Yes sure, Take your time please

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will have to resume after the holiday then. Thk u !!!!
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Yes, no problem :)

You are very welome