Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am getting phone calls and messages on my computer screen

Customer Question

I am getting phone calls and messages on my computer screen that I have a virus and need to call a phone number that pops up on the screen. I had one incident where my screen was frozen and couldn't do anything until I called the phone number. It was from India and I was charged $260 and had to be paid by Western Union! The next day I had another call reporting I had a virus!!! From another company.... How can I block these calls? Help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  ChrisC replied 11 months ago.

Hi Joyce, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today!

If I understand correctly, the first time you got a message like this it was a pop up on your computer and the rest have been phone calls, is that correct?

Expert:  ChrisC replied 11 months ago.

Joyce, I noticed that you created a new question for this issue. Please correspond with me here instead of creating new questions.

You can use the message box at the bottom of the screen to reply back to me.