My forgot my Administrator password, I cant say exactly

Customer Question
My forgot my Administrator password JA...
My forgot my Administrator password
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I cant say exactly cause it was done by some dumbo IT guy and he doesn't even remember.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no because I need the Admin pass word . the computer is practically uselss just operates as on basic functions
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: lol I really need to get that account open cause my bro has a really important interview on Tuesday and he needs to access the information on that ccount.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
11/21/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

What admin password ***** you looking for please explain the problem a bit more in detail

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There are two accounts one is an Administrator account and the other a User account . I am currently logged into the User account and need to access the Adminstrator

the user account which it has does it have the admin rights?

Basically you are unable to login to the admin account correct?

What Operating System (OS) is running on the computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Windows 7?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is that what you mean ?

yes that is correct.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Windows 7

Step 1: Restart your computer, press “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” two times, then enter the administrator name and password if you know the password, if you don't, leave it blank, click “Ok”. Step 2: Start to reset the password by pressing “Win+R” and type control user passwords 2 and hit “Enter”

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If that does not work and I switch off my computer I would I still be able to access you .

once you are back in windows screen open www.justanswer.com or access your email and look for justanswer email the chat will reopen from the email.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the WIN button ?

Windows button located at the bottom left of the keyboard between the Ctrl and Alt keys

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is it that I am typing control user password ***** ?

When you press the windows and R key together it should come up with a box where you can type in user password ***** hit enter.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
therefore I am entering a new password.

correct.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay gonna try it.

alright.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tried it its not working
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not even able to pass step one, I pressed Ctrl Alt Del (2) and nothing. All I saw is is the profile to be logged in. Is this a scam?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello ?????

If this is not working then you will have to opt for a different way to reset the admin password ***** custom password ***** Mostly they are paid however i will give you a free version with steps to try.

Tech Support Specialist: s_feehan, Computer Repairer replied 12 months ago
s_feehan
s_feehan, Computer Repairer

hi there, my name is ***** ***** I'm gonna take over for this for you, I'm sorry if Michelle's information lacked clarity or depth to you. In these cases where the administrative password ***** been forgotten on Windows 7, except for REALLY in depth procedures, using a software called "Hiren's Ultimate Boot CD" and requiring some deep technical knowledge, it's going to be near impossible to do this. My BEST suggestion to you, is to procure a copy of the Windows 7 installation media, and reinstall windows. You can do this by installing over top of the existing installation which will preserve the data you're looking to save, by tossing in c:\windows.old\users\useraccount\Documents (or related folder, photos, videos, etc).... If you need any more help on this note, let me know and i'll try to direct you the best i can.

I can try to point you towards some places to gather installation media too, just let me know.

s_feehan
s_feehan
s_feehan, Computer Repairer