hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician since 2007
40928634

My website www.millenniumweddings.com.au has had its server

Customer Question

my website www.millenniumweddings.com.au has had its server down for 6 days, now I have lost all my google rankings where I was always top and it looks as though Google have deleted my Home Page. Can you give me some insite, Really Stressed!! What will happen now its back up again?
Category: Computer
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 8 months ago.

It is difficult to put an exact time at how often the Google bot visits your website but you should give it a few days. If still nothing then please make sure that you have the keyword meta tag in your homepage and only have 'millenniumweddings.com.au' in it.

​If the website is now back online then things will return to normal.

​Another word of advice is to regularly add new content such as a blog and have customer's link back to your website from their own website or blog. Finally, make sure that your homepage has words which are in context with your business. This does seem to be the case already if you were previously on a high result.

​You can also manually submit your website to the search engines by reading this click me

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Im concerned because when I search for "Millennium Weddings Cairns" the "Packages" page comes up, but the commments page link which is now on googles 2nd page with this search says (click to return to main site - Millennium Weddings Cairns, DJ, DJS .) It is really as if my home page has been deleted from google. When I realized the server was down I got an error message when I went to open my site which said error 404 ..

Hello again 404 is when the page is not reachable. When your page gets fully indexed things should return to normal. Please give it a few days for the Googlebot to crawl your page again. If by Wednesday things still aren't right then you can follow my suggestions above or do some SEO. However if SEO was an issue you wouldn't have reached the number 1 results page before.

​Let me know how things go. Is this a Wordpress website that you maintain yourself please?