Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

How do I load updateto my 8.1 windows software? I'm trying

Customer Question

How do I load update(###) ###-####to my 8.1 windows software? I'm trying to load an ACDsee photo software to my computer, but it tells me I must first load the update above? HELP
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: iTS A dELL TABLE TOP. dON.T KNOW MODEL? AM RUNNING WINDOWS 8.1
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: sE ON AUTOMATIC UPDATE! I LOOKED AT UPDATE HISTORY AND FOUND WHERE IT LISTED AN UPDATE WITH A STATENENT "WITHOUT(###) ###-####"
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nOT NOW, BUT JUST FOR INFORMATION, LAST WEEKMY COMPUTER SCREEN TURNED BLUE. after ABOUT TEN MINUTES I TURNED OFF COMPUTER AND TRIED TO RESTART IT. I GOT A MESSAGE THAT THE COMPUTER NO LONGER HAD THE MICROSOFT SOTWARE??? I LOOKED UP MY EMAIL CONFIRMING MY 8.1 MICROSOFTORDER AND WENT THROUGH THE PROCESS OF RELOADING . AFTERRELOADING I DISCOVERED ALL MY FILES AND ALL MY OTHER SOFTWARE WAS GONE. lUCKLY I HAD MY FILES BACKED UP. bUT ON VIRTUALLY EVERY SOFTWARE I TRIED TO REPLACE I WOULD GET A MESSAGE THAT MY SOFTWARE WAS MISSING SOME INFO THE NEEDED TO BE DOWNLOADE INTO MICROSOFT 8.1??? tHANKS,
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Feel free to disregard the Premium Service Offer for Remote Support. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site. Do you have the update downloaded?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Go to this LINK then download and install the update. That should solve the problem, but if not let me know so I can assist you further.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, I did this then tried to load acdsee20 again an got this message: "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-11-1-0.dll is missing from computer???
Clay
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Now check for and download all available Windows updates to see if that corrects this error.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It still didn't work!
Clay
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Let me know if you accept my proposed offer for remote assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I accept your proposal.
Should I open the email that downloads the acdsee20 software or what?
Clay
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

You should see a link to click to accept additional payment?