I CANT ACCESS MY ACCOUNT. SITE SAYS I CHANGED GMAIL PW I DID

Customer Question
I CANT ACCESS MY ACCOUNT JA...
I CANT ACCESS MY ACCOUNT
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: NO
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: SITE SAYS I CHANGED GMAIL PW I DID NOT
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
11/18/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Can you try to retrieve your password, as if it were forgotten? using the 'Forgot your password?' link on the login page for Gmail ?

(Or is the account not your GMail account? if it is some other account?)

I DID NOT CHANGE MY PASS WORD> NOTE SAYS I CHANGED I ANSWERED I DID NOT
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 12 months ago

What 'note' said so? was it an email?

Or was it a popup ?

PLEASE CONNECT TO FIX
it was a pop up said would send to other email I have none other
note said it would send verification code NOT gotten

A popup or an email of that sort can be completely bogus, completely fraudulent.

If it were an email from GMail's notification system themselves, that would be different.

Did you enter a password ***** that popup? or any information, that it perhaps prompted for?

ASKED me to enter LAST PW I remembered

That's bad news. It was a popup? they often prompt fraudulently for a password, to get you to divulge news or info that is private to you and vital to your account.

This is called a 'phishing' scam.

Can you still access your GMail account?

If so, change its password ***** something you can remember and type in for sure.

Then log out of your GMail account, restart your computer, log back in.

See if that works, firstly (if your GMail account password ***** been changed already - fraudulently for sure if so, given what you have said - then it won't change again for you, I doubt.)

It is necessary to secure the security and continued access of your account ... that popup was NOT normal, if it happened on a computer rather than a handheld or tablet device. So your account is in some hazard at present.

Let me know how it goes, please.

I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO ACCESS ACCOUNT TO CHAnge PW

That's bad news. I'm sorry to hear it.

Try to recover your password, by the usual means.

Your Secure Remote Assistance request is still open to other Experts to take up.

Do you want a phone call, or do you want your computer remote-controlled by an Expert to see what is wrong, or something else?

Andy, Computer Consultant