Skype for Desktop PC. Win7 and Win10

Customer Question
Skype for Desktop PC. Win7 and...
Skype for Desktop PC.
Win7 and Win10
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Since yesterday Skype desktop does not send/receive messages, or allow status change.
See screenshot. (microsoft's blue waiting circle of death)
I have tried rebooting computer, and reinstalling Skype.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I also tried:
"To reset all Skype settings.
Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata% and then press Enter or click the OK button. The Windows File Explorer will pop up. There locate a folder named “Skype”. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old.If you are on the latest Skype 6.5/6.6/6.7/6.9/6.10/6.11 version, then do also this:Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %temp%\skype and then press Enter or click the OK button. Delete the DbTemp folder.
Restarted Skype."
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Those steps did not work.
The status icon next to my profile picture just keeps grinding, and I can't send messages.
(is it possible the newest version of skype doesn't like my privacy settings? or is it something else?)
11/18/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert replied 1 year ago
Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and I will be trying to help you as good as I can.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? I am pretty certain I will get your Skype working again this way. This is a very safe option too, because JustAnswer is a A+ accredited business with the BBB, you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well, so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can not allow remote option.

Thank you and I totally understand. I am opting out for other experts to help you instead. Thank you again.

Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

let me know when you are ready i can walk you through to fix the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, please let me know the steps.

Uninstall Skype completely from the safe mode windows and try to use revo uninstaller and remove it completely from the computer.

Reboot computer after removal and the download a new version of Skype and install it. Let me know how it goes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need the steps

did you follow the uninstall steps?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am waiting for you to give them to me.

Click here to download and install skype

let me know i you find any problem installing it.

followed all steps for reinstall, still does not work.
I will try some more things on my end.
next to my profile picture, where it normally shows my online status, is just blue spinning arrows.
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago

Blue spin arrow means its trying to login, either the password ***** ***** good or it has a problem with the connection.

Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist