Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Not able to sign in on yahoo mail....think somebody tried

Customer Question

not able to sign in on yahoo mail....think somebody tried hacking or getting into my account
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: since like August seems like someone tried getting into my account
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no....i usually do everything by my cellphone
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just to try and stop anybody other than myself from getting in and able to havk my information
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Please tell me what happens when you attempt to access your Yahoo! e-mail account? Do you see a message about incorrect password, or something else?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just says about a cell number....I enter my old cell phone number and it kicks me out....tried entering the new phone number and still kicks me out
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you help me and what do I do??...tried to recover on yahoo and doesn't let me
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

I will do my best to check for all possible options for you to regain access to your e-mail account and will let you know what to do. Please type your Yahoo! e-mail address here so that I can check it.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

OK, I checked it. In case the current password *****'t work, you can reset it. To reset the password, you first need to receive a code to a phone number ending in 90.

Do you still have that phone number and can you receive text messages there?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I cannot receive text messages on that phone...I got a new cell phone today
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Only the phone number ending in 90 can be used for password ***** If there is a problem with your cell phone, you can put the SIM card from the old cell phone into the new cell phone so that you can have access to the text messages sent there.

Will you be able to do that?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is the SIMS card the SD card?? Or is it something totally different?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What's more odd is that I never registered my cell phone with the yahoo addressto my knowledge
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Since there is your phone number on account, you must have done it before.

A SIM card is different from a SD card.

SIM card holds your phone number and SD card holds the phone data (it is a memory card).

SIM card looks like this:

PICTURE

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
is there anyway that I can recover my email??....it has all my information and is connected to a lot of my apps and devices?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

As I mentioned, you need to be able to receive a code sent by Yahoo! to get back into your account. Since there is only one phone number added to your account, Yahoo! can send the code only to that phone number (ending in 90).

If you still own that phone number, but the cell phone doesn't work, you will need to put the SIM card into another working cell phone so that you can read the text message (code) there.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry no help in this area
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

If you don't know how to take out the SIM card from your old cell phone in order to put it into your new cell phone, I can assist you with that. Just let me know the makes and models of your cell phones.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't think I have a Sims card
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Every cell phone has a SIM card. That is how you get a phone number - not from a cell phone itself, but from a SIM card that was put into it.

Without a SIM card, you won't be able to make and receive calls as well as text messages.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK so what info do you need from my cell phones?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Make and models of both cell phones.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK so the new phone is a Samsung Gran Prime and the old phone is a Samsung 3
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Model number for the old phone is SCH-R530C
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Thanks! Hold on to provide the instructions...

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the new Samsung Grand Prime model numbers are SMG530R7
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Thanks! To better get the idea on what needs to be done and how to do it, I am providing you video instructions.

Here is a video showing where the SIM card on Samsung Galaxy S3 is located and how to remove it. You don't need to remove the SD card.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ETTfoNww2s

Here is a video showing where the SIM card on Samsung Grand Prime is located and how to remove it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOJpsBmmNCs

Some Samsung Grand Prime models come with two SIM card slots. Yours may only have 1 slot.

So, you need to take out the SIM card from your old cell phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) and put it into your new cell phone (Samsung Grand Prime). After that, power on Samsung Grand Prime and you should be able to use your old phone number.

Let me know if you were able to do that.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I only had a SD card...no SIMS card
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Do you remember taking your old phone to someone for a repair such as to your cell phone carrier company?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No...but if it help's my carrier is Choice and when I bought the phone I had to put my own SD card in....no SIMS card
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Oh, I see. In that case, you will need to contact the Choice support and ask them if you can regain access to your old phone number so that you can receive a code from Yahoo! on your new cell phone.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Hello again!

Several days have passed since we last communicated, so I am wondering if you had a chance to contact the Choice support to ask them if you can get your old phone number back?

Let me know,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.