Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

For some reason the screen is sideways.. don't know what we

Customer Question

For some reason the screen is sideways . . don't know what we did. How can we fix this?
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Asus Model U56E
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just want the screen back to where it was please :-)
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please press at the same time the 3 keys Ctrl, Alt, and Up Arrow on the computer's keyboard in order to rotate the screen back to normal and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

If needed, here is another method:

- Right-click on an empty space on the Desktop screen, then click on the option Screen resolution, then there, change the Orientation item to Landscape option, then click on OK, and confirm Yes, and check.

- Or right-click on Right-click on an empty space on the Desktop screen, then click on the option Display settings, then check there; if needed, click on the option Advanced display settings at bottom, and adjust the orientation option there.

- You can also open Control Panel (if needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the computer's keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window will open). Then open option Appearance and Personalization if shown, then open option Display, then click on option Adjust resolution (or option Change display settings) on the left, then change the Orientation item to Landscape option, then click on OK, and confirm Yes, and check.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Have you gotten a chance to try any of my solutions above yet?

- Also, if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer, so that I can fix this the screen issue directly on your computer for you. I can also help with any other computer question / issue you have.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,