Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My question is re: Picasa, when I load a Tiff image and make

Customer Question

My question is re: Picasa, when I load a Tiff image and make some adjustments and save it, it turns into a Jpeg image..why
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Dell 660
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I install them when they are available. Are referring to Windows or Picasa
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question.

Picasa only offers the option to save images in JPEG format. However, if you want to convert the saved JPEG images to TIFF, please do this:

Right-click on the JPEG file saved on your computer, and click EDIT.

This will open up the image in MS Paint; from there, click on the blue File menu at the top-left corner, and click Save As > Other Formats.

Next, set "Save as Type:" to TIFF, and then save the file accordingly.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to submit one of the five stars at the top of this page to rate my service. Thank you.