Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Rom Microsoft account team that they detected something

Customer Question

rom Microsoft account team that they detected something unusual about a recent sign-in to my Email account & I have recently been receiving a number of Emails about invoices & accounts that I have no idea of what they are about. Can you tell me what can be done to stop this activity or tell me who I should contact?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Acer /System 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I ran an Avira scan
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm not overly knowledgeable about computers.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

The first thing that you need to do is perform a password ***** on your email account which will stop anyone from accessing your account.

After the reset, your email account will be safe but it can take 1-2 days for the emails to stop that you are receiving. Also, I noticed you mentioned running a Avira scan but I can connect to your computer to make sure that there isn't any malware on your computer.

Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.