Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My acer aspire would not support the latest updates to

Customer Question

my acer aspire would not support the latest updates to windows 10 and had to be reset to windows 8.1 I'm now trying to reset my microsoft live account so that I can use office
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Aspire? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: acer aspire
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: about 2 weeks ago.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the acer aspire processor could not handle the updates and kept crashing. a technician did a factor reset back to windows 8, then 8.1, then all of its updates. I'm not trying to get office back up and running but the system will not accept my email and password
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question.

First off, please open up the following link:

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Click "I forgot my password" and then click Next.

Follow the on-screen prompts to verify your identity using one of the recovery options listed for your Microsoft account, and then you will be able to create and use a new password ***** your account thereafter.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to submit one of the five stars at the top of this page to rate my service. Thank you.