Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I was having trouble with my IPad and went to a tech at an A

Customer Question

I was having trouble with my IPad and went to a tech at an A T & T store. My mail was not coming in as it should. I also have a PC and an Iphone which were working as they should. My Ipad showed under ":Weather" that I had mail - when I clicked there were many strange emails I had never seen before. There was also an address shown "*****@******.***l" - this looks like a most unusual address! I changed my password ***** his help - my email address remains the same. I have since received an alert from Google stating that my computer password ***** changed from an address in Pennsylvania - I live in Maine and only went 10 miles from my house. I am concerned that my account may be compromised in some way and don't know what to dol
JA: How old is your iPad, and what model are you using?
Customer: It was purchased for me as a gift two years ago - and where do I find the model?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't use icloud - really don't understand about it - at the moment I guess my mail is turned off for that -- I am an 82 yr old woman who is struggling to understand this.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

To check, this issue is for your Gmail account correct? Just want to first confirm this please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

thank you

What you will want to do is enable 2 step verification.

This will stop anyone accessing your account unless they have access to your cell phone, so it is very secure.

To do this use my link below

https://www.google.com/landing/2step

Click on Get Started and follow the steps to complete this. This will stop any other people accessing your account

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know please how you go

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am totally confused - I feel I'm spending money and getting nowhere - my PC seems to be fine - it is the Ipad I am concerned about - I am wondering about the strange email addresses that are there.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, what I did was give you a set of instructions to secure your account first, so we can do this.

Then we can move to removing the strange account that someone added to your iPad.

You're saying you do not wish to secure your account?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok - let's try this - but I don't see how you can correct my iPad without having it in front of you - once again this PC is FINE and I don't want to get it messed up and have to pay a lot to get it fixed.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

I know the steps to do the iPad on, and can tell you this

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK - what is my next step?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just looked at the clock - I have to leave here at 10:50 - it is now 10:09 - I am not sure we have time to do this.
What do you think?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

We only have one more step, on the iPad, go to Settings, Mail, press on the strange email account, then press delete account and it is then gone

Then you are done.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you