I'm having trouble receiving email from a forwarding address

Customer Question
that is primary JA: Just to...
I'm having trouble receiving email from a forwarding address that is primary
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: it seems that the pop3 settings in my email configuration aren't working
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: gmail
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
11/15/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

What email service are you using?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
gmail

how do you access gmail on a web browser on a computer or on a smartphone.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think we can fix this together quite easily as I have both accounts open right now and can receive verification emails for changes made by Google
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
on my desktop computer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I received a notification of an unverified sign in from the US early this morning and went straight away to the settings and changed my password ***** that means all should be protected

if you are able to login to your account without a problem and you have verified the questions on google then you are all good to go.

Let me know if you have any question.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no I can't receive email from my other account...there is a problem
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Authentication error. Mail from this account has not been retrieved since 5:07 am.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 5:15 PM Authentication error.
Server returned error "[AUTH] Username and password ***** accepted."
Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 5:05 PM Authentication error.
Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 4:56 PM Authentication error.
Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 4:52 PM Authentication error.
Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 4:46 PM Authentication error.
Server returned error "[AUTH] Username and password ***** accepted.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you see?

Clear the browser and reset the settings clear caches and cookies and then try to login.

If you have recently tried to login to the account more than 3 time in that case you will have to restart your internet router and then try to login once you are back online.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
your saying that you want me to clear all my history, empty the cache, remove all cookies and then sign out of both gmail accounts, restart the firefox browser and then log in all over again?

Absolutely correct.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm worried about signing out of my accounts when there is clearly a problem and all I want is for the other email account to forward email received to my primary account
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm sure this is a Google problem...can you fix?

If any of the email account has a sign in problem its has to be fixed or else it will block the account. Login to your primary email and login to the email account which you are using it for forwarding if you can login successfully to both the account then there should not be a problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have done that but it still will not forward the other primary email messages to my main account
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cleared the history and the cache..not sure where the cookies are?

let me know when you could be online i will continue further.

Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist