Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

I have an older lap top with windows 7 on it. I have

Customer Question

I have an older lap top with windows 7 on it. I have forgotten my password ***** get into the computer and need to recover some files and pictures I have there. I created a password ***** disc but it is giving me an error message each of the 10 times I have tried to create a new password. HELP!
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: Toshiba Satelite
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not to this computer. No one has used it in at least a year.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I don't think so
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Soution 3 : Find your Windows 7 password :

go to this website : www.pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/ and click bootdisk on the top of the page

then download the file : cd110511.zip (MAKE SURE YOU UNZIP This FILE)

now burn this file in your blank cd or dvd, you can use imgburn software : www.imgburn.com

after you burn the file, insert the disk in your cd/dvd reader, then follow the instructions in this video to remove the password

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWnV5SM7iS0

Hope this help, if you need further help please let me know and i will gladly continue to help

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

If you have a moment please rate my answer by clicking on one of the stars, positive rating are appreciated.if you still need help please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help.

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will try that.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Ok, Hope it works out, If you have a moment please rate my answer by clicking on one of the stars, positive rating are appreciated. if we cant help you solve the issue you will be entitled to a full refund.

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Did you get my previous messages please? (Solution 1 and Solution 2)?

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Solution 1 : Using the Administrator Account

1- Start or restart your computer and press "F8" while the computer boots up. The Advanced Boot Options screen appears.

2- Scroll down to "Safe Mode" with the arrow keys on the keyboard and press "Enter." Your computer starts in Safe Mode.

3-Click on the "Administrator" account that appears on the Windows logon screen

4-Click on "Start" and "Control Panel".

5-You will enter "All Control Panel Items", then click" User Accounts"

6-Then click"Manage Another account" as following.

7-Choose the account which you want to reset the password.

8-Click "Change the password" as following

9-Type a new password ***** that account.

If you don't see the Administrator account then you will need to create one :

restart your computer and press "F8" Scroll down to "Safe Mode with command prompt", a black box will appear, please type :

net user Administrator /active:yes (and click enter)

now restart your computer and follow the previous steps.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The YouTube video is unavailable. Any other suggestion?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Hold on please

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Please try one of the twwo solutions in this document

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

The tutorial is still on youtube, please try again : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWnV5SM7iS0

Only rate if you are satisified, please do not rate an answer as poor or bad service, if we cant help you solve the issue you will be entitled to a full refund.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The video loaded on my phone but not on my laptop... Still trying to wipe out the password... I will get back to you if I am unsuccessful.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Yes sure, Take your time.

Hope it works out

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I spent all morning on this and dogs not resolve it. For whatever reason the imgburn did not download for me. I tried the reboot bypass suggested in the document you sent and me pressing f8 dieting the boot up processes did nothing...
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Oops.. did not resolve it..
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry that the problem still persists, please try this last solution by following the step by step instructions in the link below :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PILDBTObzLw

Thank you