Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Did updates this AM & since then things have changed How do

Customer Question

did updates this AM & since then things have changed How do I turn off the computer after Ihave closed allcompartments
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Lenovo laptop running on Windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Microsoft did it this AM & things have changed & can't figure out how to shut it down
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, except every time Microsoft does it's installations, it messes me up I am not an expert on the computer
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean after closing all programs, it does not let you shut down the computer?

- When you click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon) located at the bottom left of the computer's screen, does it show the Power icon or option there?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Or if you press at the same time the 3 keys Ctrl, Alt, and Del (Delete) on the laptop's keyboard, then do you see the Power icon located at the bottom right of the laptop's screen?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,