MY DELL TABLET.......CHARGES, DATE IS ACCURATE, LOCK DEVICE

Customer Question
SHOWS, BUT I TOUCH THE...
MY DELL TABLET.......CHARGES, DATE IS ACCURATE, LOCK DEVICE SHOWS, BUT I TOUCH THE SCREEN TO GET INTO AND IT WONT LET ME, THEN GOES TO BLACK SCREEN. I CANT EVEN TURN POWER OFF. IT IS THE TOUCHING THE SCREEN TO GET INTO , BUT THE SCREEN WONT BUDGE. IT IS FROZEN.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Dell? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: DELL ABODE INTEL INSIDE VENUE I CANT GET INTO THE SCREEN TO SEE THE NUMBER NOT SURE OF NUMBER
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: NO, NOT ON THE PAD, BUT ON THE DESKTOP COMPUTER THAT I AM USING NOW
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW I CAN GET INTO THE SCREEN
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
11/9/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please press and hold the Power on / off button on your Dell tablet for about 20 seconds, then turn it back on and check?

- Does it turn off when you hold the Power on / off button for awhile?

- Does it have Windows 7 or 8 or 10, etc.?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the press button comes on less than 20 seconds and blacks out windows 8 wont even let me turn the power button off when I touch it, again screen goes black it is charging and up to date info, just when I touch the screen nothing happens the screen is frozen the touch system is off.......something wrong

Did you press and keep holding the Power on / off button for about 20 seconds yet?

Can you please make sure to press and keep holding the Power on / off button on your Dell tablet for about 30 seconds, then what happens?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I held the on button for 20 seconds dell symbol shows on screen goes to screen but cant just touch and swipe to get in........then screen goes black again...............what can be done........what should I do?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it just does the same thing over and over............the touch screen wont budge......frozen
Tech Support Specialist: Bob James, IT Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Bob James
Bob James, IT Support Specialist

Have you tried connecting a USB keyboard and/or mouse to see if you can navigate w/o the touch screen. If you can, then we could troubleshoot more.

Or I should say, troubleshooting would be a bit easier. We could check for driver issues with the touch screen.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok I had enough I give up this is a pad
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks anyway

I apologize, I realized it doesn't have a standard USB port. It seems this is a known issue with Android OS 4.3 & 4.4.2 - however Android OS version 4.2.2 is supposed to work fine on the Dell Venue.

Bob James
Bob James
Bob James, IT Support Specialist