Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

For word documents what is the normal size font. It use to

Customer Question

for word documents what is the normal size font. It use to be 12, mine was set on 9. Is that the normal size now. When I view to type a document it seems very small. I want it to print normal size.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?
Customer: I have windows 10, and word 2016
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I don't so.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

The normal font is 12, this is what is most commonly used in word

To set this always as the default

First, launch Word and use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+F to open the Font dialog box shown below. Here is where you can change the default font style, size, effects, and even the color if you want.

After you choose your settings, make sure to click the Set As Default button in the lower left corner. If you only click OK, it will change the font for this document only.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you