Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

I think I'm being followed by my girlfriend on face book, I

Customer Question

I think I'm being followed by my girlfriend on face book , I found pictures of my likes to other people that I have commented on and also a Microsoft code of(###) ###-####please advise
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

If you received, either by text or email, a 7 digit password ***** code and you didn't send it to yourself

someone may be trying to hack your email. Without that code however, they won't be able to do it.

There's no way to determine for sure who initiated the sending of the code, though.

Expert:  Byron replied 9 months ago.

The codes are also time sensitive. They expire after 15 minutes if unused.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What does the codemean
Expert:  Byron replied 9 months ago.

The way it works is if you forget your password ***** want to get a new one you go here. https://account.live.com/password/reset

and enter your email address. If you have a recovery method on file, either an alternate email address or cell phone number,

you can have a code sent to either of those. The reset page asks you to enter the code your received. If the code you enter matches the one that was sent to you, you are then allowed to change the password ***** access the account.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I really don't understand ? I seen a text that was sent to her saying nothing but "the Microsoft code is(###) ###-#####34; sent via of unknown then all these pictures
Expert:  Byron replied 9 months ago.

If the text was sent to her then she may be having a password ***** herself.