Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

We have $10.45 in our international call account, yet when

Customer Question

we have $10.45 in our international call account, yet when we try to call it says we have no money in the account.????
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: Yes, when my husband told me he kept getting a recording saying we had no money, I called and the rep said we do indeed have money in the account.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, our gadget was broken and could not be inserted and as I had bought two of them many years ago, we used the extra and my daughter installed it for us.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just being able to call abroad would be great.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Are these Magic Jack's you're having the issue with?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello, yes its one magic jack. on the previous magic jack we had, we had $10.45 left on it. the tip of the magic jack where you insert it into the computer broke so my daughter re installed the other we had which is a new one i belive.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
now that she installed the new one, it states that we do not have any money on it, but we had $10.45 on the previous one. i would think that it would transfer over. I just put in $35.00 a few minutes ago with my credit card since it states we had no money left in the account.
Expert:  Byron replied 11 months ago.

Thank you. Is the phone number for the second device the same as it was for the first device?

If you are uncertain, make a call to your cellphone and make a note of the number that appears on the screen.

My suspicion is that activating the second magic jack created a second account and your balance

resides in the account for the broken device.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it is the same number
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
same login information etc. the tip of old device is broken and i really want to regain the $10.45 as i had previously paid for it.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there any way that you may check our records to see that the money is styill left on the old account and transfer it to the new device?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
still
Expert:  Byron replied 11 months ago.

Ok. When you added the $35.00 to the account did you do so by logging in to the MagicJack site?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i logged into my magicjackaccount.com
Expert:  Byron replied 11 months ago.

Log back in to your MagicJack account and click the Live Help tab at the top of the page

and fill in the information and start a chat session. That would be the quickest way to resolve this.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
okay will have my daughter do that , thank you very much.
Expert:  Byron replied 11 months ago.

:You're welcome and good luck with that.