Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

On Oct 31st, after having been locked out of my mil for over

Customer Question

On Oct 31st, after having been locked out of my mil for over 2 weeks, I finally got back on. I hand you people send an email to my wife's mail to get a number to get back in. I changed my password ***** and today you people think someone's using my mail and locked me out AGAIN. I have been using this same email for over 10 years and n now you people decide to lok me out and make ir difficult to impossible to get back in.My email is***@******.*** - what has happened in 6 days that you lock me out again?
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Oct 31,2016
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: very confused
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: why,when i'm not having any trouble or problems in YEARS NOW I get a message asking me to sign in, then it refuses my oasword and forces me to around the world ( I only have one email account,totally, to try and get a 4 didit code to get me back in, change my password, and then 6 days later block me out again. IF ITS NOT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT1
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

Hi!

Please understand that it was not a person but their email system that has blocked you out for security purposes. It is likely that even though you changed your password ***** someone may have linked information in your account that allowed them access back into it. Also, the other person could be trying to force their way into your account and it is causing the account to lock out. For example, if I really wanted to be a pain, I could try to sign into your account 5-10 times in a row with a wrong password ***** it will force your account to be frozen.

With that being said, are you still able to reset your account password ***** your wife's account?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
don't know why Microsoft locked me out, second time in 2 weeks. Went thu all the poppycock of answering the security questions and then waiting 24 hours for a message (sent to my wife's email - since i have only one) to allow me to sign in and change my password ***** a second time. It was frustrating,again,. and i'm begining to mistrust this company
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately, you will have to repeat that process to gain access to your account again. Once you have access to your account again, I can look at the settings to see if there are any issues.