Modelx6170. power not turning on. not the outlet

Customer Question
modelx6170. power not...
modelx6170. power not turning on. not the outlet supply?????????
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
11/4/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Tim, Sr. Engineer replied 1 year ago
Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer

Hey Les, i'm tim and will be assisting you, can you explain a little more about your problem?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, no longer plugged in. not using to fax. just make copies. will not turn on...no power

So the printer simply doesn't turn on at all correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
mine is a simple question, no need for all this back and forth

its not that simple, it sounds like the printer had a hardware failure, if its not powering on, something died.

If its plugged in, and has no power, its dead, hard to say what died, but i can tell you its not worth fixing, printers never are, always better to replace. Make sense?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, will not turn on. why is this dragging on??? no, I do not want a computer check up. just want to determine why this f**ker not working?????

Listen, stop with the rude attitude Les. I'm not here for you to abuse. Your printer will not turn on because its broken, could be the power supply inside of it, or the main board. - How could you possibly assume I would know whats wrong with a printer that will not take power?

You can accept the fact that your printer has had a hardware failure. and needs to be replaced, ask me to send you to another expert who will tell you the same thing, its pretty black and white.

I'm telling you the truth, i'm an actual engineer, and in Colorado, not in India or where ever. And I am not here for you to talk down to.

And again, it is not worth fixing, the cost of fixing it will be more than a new one, that's just how printers are these days.

Andy, Computer Consultant