Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I purchased my Dell Computer in December of 2015 - fully

Customer Question

I purchased my Dell Computer in December of 2015 - fully loaded with Microsoft from QVC - I received the Unit on December 1st. I got a threat call from Microsoft who told me that my service was up and suspended and I must call(###) ###-####- who confirmed the Message - Was probably in India and his command of the English language was poor. He said it did not matter when I bought the unit - The contract is up now..I also have been getting messages on my computer that 7 drivers need updates and Microsoft wants money. I fully planned to renew my Microsoft products at the end of the year contract. But threats are unheard of - I want a phone # so I can speak to a live person in the USA.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I have a Dell Computer running windows 10 - I am not sure of the model number would have to pull the paperwork - However, it is a very expensive one - 12goperating system with 2T of space - 19" unit.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No - only what you guys send. It hasn't been necessary
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that Microsoft has been updating this unit over the past 2 months almost once a week and sometimes I have been down because of this and one evening for 4 hours.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 8 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Nobody from Microsoft will ever call you. The criminal who called you was a scammer, who was trying to rip you off. If he calls back, demand that they put you on their "No Call List". You may wish to report them to the local authorities as well.

Updates from Microsoft will not ever cost anything. The windows that are indicating that there are updates available and demanding payment are probably a combination of viruses and spyware applications. In this case, you will want to analyze the system and remove the nefarious software. If you wish, I can start a Secure Remote Assistance session with you, which will allow me to share your screen with you temporarily. During the remote session, I will fix your problems for you.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason