Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I cannot get my computer to recognize my Aptiva Flash Drive.

Customer Question

JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: It depends on what specifically you are referring to.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, it is running windows 10, which goes through updates constantly.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, my Surface Pro 4 runs been running perfectly until today.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

Hi!

Ativa flash drives are notorious for failing. Have you tried using the drive in different computers?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but not not all of the files were present.
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

It is likely that your flash drive is failing and I would suggest using a different flash drive from here on out.

In regards ***** ***** missing files, you can try using a recovery program to find the files if they are recoverable. A good program to use (that is free) is Pandora Recovery and it can be found here: http://www.pandorarecovery.com/

Download, install, and run the program. You can point the recovery program at your flash drive and it will look for all files available that can be recovered.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.