When I switch on the computer I get the time and date. I

Customer Question
swipe up and get my...
When I switch on the computer I get the time and date. I swipe up and get my name and password ***** I type in my Lenovo password ***** enter and get a completely black screen.
JA: Have you tried restarting the device?
Customer: Yes
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes and also downloaded icloud, on then the problem began
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/31/2016
Tech Support Specialist: John, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
John, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Could you please provide the following details.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 ?

Thank you

Note : - If you are getting pop up message regarding secure remote assistance offer you can ignore it by closing (x) that pop up message. Please use the reply box below to reply to me.

Please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Reply using the box below

Thank you.

Checking to see whether you still need help.

Reply using the box below

Thank you.

Tech Support Specialist: Kelly Scriven,
 replied 1 year ago
Kelly Scriven

Hello! My name is ***** ***** thank you for your question on JustAnswer.com.

Is your Lenovo a desktop computer or a laptop computer?

Sometimes, electricity can build up in computers. This trick works on both desktops and laptops:

1. For desktops, unplug power cord from back of computer. Once unplugged, press and hold the power button for a full count of 10. Plug computer back in and power on.

-OR-

2. For laptops, unplug the power cord from the laptop, and remove the battery. Then, press and hold the power button for a full count of 10. Replace battery and power cord and power on.

Are you able to log in and see the desktop?

Please reply and let me know if this was successful!

Thank you!

Kelly Scriven
Kelly Scriven
Kelly Scriven