Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

When I try to open GMail on my new computer it asks me to

Customer Question

When I try to open GMail on my new computer it asks me to sign in. I can't recall my password ***** I tried the "help" option. It responded by saying it would send a temp password ***** me... at my email account ... which I cannot open! I logged in on my old computer (which Google apparently recognizes) but the "rescue" email did not appear there. How do I deal with this?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: About 6-8 weeks.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Uh oh: I should have mentioned my new computer is running Ubuntu (Linux).
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: GMail worked OK with my Ubuntu machine for several months. The sign in requirement only appeared later.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Do not try accessing gmail on the new computer now open gmail on the old computer and let me know when you are there.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is too confusing. All I want is a simple password ***** All I seem to get is sales pitches. I've been burned by this sort of scam before. Shame on me if I fall for it again.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Adios.
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

dont worry this is not scam we are www.justanswer.com if you want you can check the credentials in BBB.

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

when you are on gmail on the old computer let me know.