Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Pearl, are you an employee of Microsoft? Let me explain. I

Customer Question

Pearl, are you an employee of Microsoft?
JA: No. I'm the Computer Technician's Assistant.
Customer: Let me explain. I will be as brief as poss. I have had two scams and one near miss this year. I am elderly; I have lost almost $1000 to these beasts, so I have had to become over-cautionPLEASE DO NOT feel insulted by my questions. May I continue. It will take only one more paragraph.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I am using Windows 10 and have forgotten what I do to get the model details. Can you remind mease?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes. There an extensive Microsoft update two days ago. It took quite a long time but I did not have to be part of the process.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know if experts in this complex field of computer technology know if a company called Avongate has authority to act on behalf of Microsoft?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

No Microsoft has not authorize anyone to work on their behalf. If they are saying so then it means there is something wrong in it.

You should not believe on them. Avantage has very bad reviews in market and is know for spreading such news in market.Many users have complaint about it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Bhavik, it was not "Advantage", it was "Avongate" and they were claimed that they are technicians for Microsoft and already have taken $300 and something from my account back in May. Very rude when I ask questions and eventually operator/technician hung up on me.

I am sorry, I wrote Avongate but auto correct has corrected the spelling of it and made it Advantage.

Did you buy any service from them ? Do you have any receipt or email which says this much amount has been received for this service ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Back in May. About $340. I am old and have severe brain problems. However, since then I have called Micrsoft direct and they only charged me $A120 for one year unqualified help.

Okay, They have a refund policy of 30 days. As we have exceed time , They won't entertain our refund request.

If you have access to avontage's account then you can login to their website and cancel any subscription you have and close your account.

https://www.avangate.com/login/

Which product and or service you purchased from them ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Your question raises several questions, but the most important is they say I authorised the payments of $A350 back in May on the condition that they would call me back in three months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would never, ever, ever agree to such a ludicrous arrangement - but THE DID GET THE MONEY, and without me giving them my credit card details.

You can contact your bank and check with them if this transaction can be cancelled. But I don't think anyone can get money from anyone's account without knowing credit card or account details. You must have specified your account details.

Let me know if you have any questions.