I am getting the message RFC2822 in outlook when I try to

Customer Question
send an email JA: How long...
I am getting the message RFC2822 in outlook when I try to send an email
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: I just got a new computer today. So just today
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No It has windows 10
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am using Outlook 2003.. Very old I really just looking at the internet to see if it has any answers No thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
10/29/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Is this happening on all emails or only email that has multiple recipients?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well all emails, but it is a brand new computer and I have only tried a few

Does the same thing happen when you send an email to yourself?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could you either call me or send this to***@******.***
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the majority of them have been to myself
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay I am on my computer now
Found the conversation there
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You can ask your next question now
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
BTW, I found lots of conversations about this on the internet. Involving earthlink --- as the ISP -- who is my ISP (mindspring is earthlink). Also something to do with email addresses being trimed wrong -- "swift mailer" reference.
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

let me know if you ready.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am

launch outlook and post me a screenshot of the error you encounter.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Had to switch so that it showed you instead of the other person who was asking questions

The other expert has opened the question for a second opinion hence i am answering your query.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Task 'CMW Consulting - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC69) : ' The server responded: 550 Your message does not conform to RFC2822 standard'
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is that enough for you?

Yes thats fine. Let me know the Outlook version.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As I said in my original write-up. I am at windows 10, but my outlook is 2003 YES 2003!

Thanks for the info and i am working on the error allow me sometime to get back to you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
using incoming port 110 and outgoing 587 -- as originally written up

Are you sending any group messages when you get this error?

I would suggest that you look through your email list and see if any of the addresses are not properly formatted (i.e. a standard***@******.***). If any of them look funny, try sending a test message to that address with some others you know are okay. If the message fails, then you know you have found the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sent it to myself only
One other time I sent it to the earthlink employee that was TRYING to help me -- got the same error

Earthlink is your ISP is that correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Trust me I have read all of the internet crap on this issue already...read the above stuff I wrote to the last guy

if you have a saved copy of all your email then try to remove the email account from outlook delete it and then close oulook, try to reconfigure your email after you restart windows.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yep. Like I said read the info I sent the guy before you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay, be back in a little while

do you want me to check the email settings using remote assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I have done this a few times

I will open this question to other experts.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well damn that worked
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I got to say not exactly satisfied with that answer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Especially since I rebooted after I installed Office 2003
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing was changed after that
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mind telling me what happened?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I work on computers for a living too -- this irritates me!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
looking for your responses on my computer -- can't find them
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dom
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do not bother -- I do NOT care any more!!!!
Andy, Computer Consultant