I plugged in my head set with mic to the front plugs. The

Customer Question
mic did not work. and...
I plugged in my head set with mic to the front plugs. The mic did not work. and now my speakers do not play songs. The mixer shows the green bar going up but there is no sound.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: 3D Asus with amd fx running 400 + Mhz
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The mixer shows that there is sound but there is none coming from the speakers or the head set anymore. I even plugged the head set green and pink plug to the back green and pink plug and still the sound does not come through. The realtech test I can hear out the left and right headset, but when playing video on youtube or music folder I can hear no sound.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
10/27/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

What is the make and model of the headset you are having problem with?

The input plug is just one or with two connector.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is not a headset problem. It is a speaker will no longer work after plugging in front headset.

When you plug in a head set the hardware is detected by the computer and then it shut down the internal speakers you cannot run 2 sound output with a single audio card which is designed that way.

When you unplug the headset the sound from the computer should automatically come up.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but it did not

What Operating System (OS) is running on the computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
win 7 pro

remove the mic and let me know if you see the speaker icon on the bottom left?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
on right

i am sorry its bottom right.

does it have a red x on it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it shows the green bar jumping up and down but no sound

Plug in the headset and play something and let me know if you get sound on the headset.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
playing something
now and no sound

no sound on the head set as well?

Check the volume try to increase it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a 6 am call center interview tomorrow and I need this repaired now, I need to go to bed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you remote and go in an find what setting is wrong?

i can provide secure remote access and will fix the problem for you. Remote access is an additional service which allows the expert to work directly on the problem and it provides quick resolution, you can sit back and watch while the experts fixes the problem right in front of you. This saves you a whole lot of time and money from hiring an onsite technician.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

remote offer sent.

Andy, Computer Consultant