Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

How to connect HP Pavilion p6157c PC to a hp w2338 h

Customer Question

How to connect HP Pavilion p6157c PC to a hp w2338 h monitor?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your HP? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I am not sure if this is the model number but it shows this on the side AMD Phenom x4 9650 Processor and the system I am using Windows 7. I am 85 years old so have difficulty setting it up after I moved it from an office I had in a bank where it was working good. I failed to mark the cords as to where they should be connected to the monitor and computer. When I purchased it, it had Vista but I upgraded it to Windows 7.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. All I would really need is a diagram as to how to connect the cords to each one. I believe I have the correct cords.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to

assist. Are you using a VGA cable like in the attachment below?

Expert:  Byron replied 10 months ago.

I see you have opened a second question. Please communicate with me on this page.

Expert:  Byron replied 10 months ago.

The attachment below contains a diagram for how to connect the cable from your monitor to your PC

Expert:  Byron replied 10 months ago.

This attachment shows the back of your PC. The cable would attach to the blue port.

Expert:  Byron replied 10 months ago.

Here is the user guide for your monitor showing how various connections are made.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c01643091

Please take a moment to rate the service using the stars at the top of the page, then submit

as that is how we are credited with assisting.

It would be much appreciated.