When I tried to use the address book it would not initialize

Customer Question
and it then erased the...
When I tried to use the address book it would not initialize and it then erased the book. This is Office X7. Where is the address book stored in WP?
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: W10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Windows did a major update a few weeks ago. I have a backup that I can pull the files from if I know where they are. (The address book files that I would try to import)
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/26/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To recover a backup of the old address book, in WordPerfect go to Tools - Address book - File - New and create a new addressbook, then add a few dummy items first.

Next, exit the address book and close WordPerfect.

Find where the newly created address book is located, rename the files and put a copy of your backup address book in its place.

The address book should be stored at:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\CCWin\Address Book

Pete, Computer Engineer