My ASUS key does nothing discernible. It used to, but not

Customer Question
my ASUS key does nothing...
my ASUS key does nothing discernible. It used to, but not any longer.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: ASUS-ROG-G752VL-UH71T running Windows 10.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I keep updated on Windows every day.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My ASUS key used to bring up some useful info on component heat, etc.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
10/26/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert replied 1 year ago
Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible.

Are you referring to a software on your Asus that has gone missing and that did show you temperature and other hardware informations?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Lorenz, Not sure if the software has gone missing or if the ASUS key just not longer maps to it.

Thank you for your reply! I am currently unsure about how this relates to that "ASUS key". Can you try to describe what exactly it is and what it is needed for? Is it a key that is required to use the software you can´t use anymore now? Just trying to understand your problem better so that I can efficiently help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a key on my laptop keyboard with the ASUS symbol on it, just as I have a key with the Windows symbol on it. It is that ASUS key that I refer to.

I understand now... and that key used to open a software that now has gone missing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Again I don't really know if the software has gone missing or if the ASUS key simply no longer maps to it. The software, which monitored computer component heat, etc. may still be on my laptop.

Yes, that is what I think too! What we can do in this case, is that I can connect directly to your computer and have a look if I can still find the software for you. Alternatively, we can also install another software that does the same. What do you think?

Are you still there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not comfortable giving control of my computer to anyone else. As far as loading another software, like heat monitor, I can do that on my own. I just thought it might be an easy fix to remap the ASUS key to the native heat monitor.

We´d have to inspect your PC to find it, as we can only remap it, if we know where it resides. The remote-access would be de-installed right away after I´ve left the session of course. Also, as soon as you move the mouse or keyboard, I am instantly locked from any actions by the remote-software, so you do not have to have any worries with that please:)

Yes, you can also use an alternative software, but heat monitor is not that great, I would strongly recommend Open Hardware Monitor. It´s free and open source (so you know that there are no backdoors). Please see:

http://openhardwaremonitor.org/

It can also display a lot more information than most other software in that field can.

Well, you just let me know what you´d prefer and if we should connect or not, or if you need any other advise in that relation please. That involves no additional costs for you. I would also be very happy about a positive rating (select 3 to 5 stars at the right top of the screen and click "submit"), because only then I get paid by JustAnswer, which mediated your question to me as an independent expert (I am from Germany by the way).

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your help, Lorenz. I'll take it from here. Bye.

By the way, http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php is also really good!

Thank you, ***** ***** leave, please be so kind to leave a rating for me between 3 to 5 stars (select them at the top of the screen and then click "submit"), I would really appreciate it.

All the best wishes to you and best regards,

Lorenz

And by the way, if you would like to request me personally in the future, I would be very happy too. You can do so via

http://lorenzvauck.com

Thank you very much for that and for possibly rating me for this question as well.

Best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert