Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I forgot the password to my Ipad and now its locked. I also

Customer Question

I forgot the password ***** my Ipad and now its locked. I also have an Iphone 5S. The Ipad says I have to wait 11 minutes. Possible passwords are: Ardelle1, Ardelle01, Sewlady1, or Sewlady01. None of them will work for me.
JA: How old is your iPad, and what model are you using?
Customer: I got it in June, its not an air, its just a regular Ipad, the new one.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It did keep asking me to log in, I pushed the cancel button and then it was just locked, I did this for a month or so.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. Will the password ***** on my Iphone too? It has started asking for the password *****
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue, First Backup all your data (pictures, videos, ect...) and download iTunes from : www.apple.com/itunes/download/ and plug in your iPad/iPhone to your computer, press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake/power button at the same time for 45 seconds until an Apple logo appears, once that appears you can release the buttons.

iTunes will give message iTunes has detected an iPad/iPhone in recovery mode you must restore this iPad to continue

hit restore (This will erase all data on your device) if it does not go through click on the iPad in the left hand side of iTunes and click restore

now restore iPad and now you'll start new and have your iPad back.

Additional Information : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuGLRs66Iyc

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

Has everything worked out, do you still need help please?

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

if you need further assistance please reply back to me

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Do you still need help please?