Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Coffee was spilled on my laptop. It was plugged in. The next

Customer Question

coffee was spilled on my laptop. It was plugged in. The next day I tried to turn it on, not knowing about the coffee. Nothing happened. Now we are trying to remove the back cover to look for any noticible damage. We removed the screws but it seems to still be connected in the center. What should I do??
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 12 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and identify the fault.

Please remember when we dealing with your issue. It is quite possible and may take more than one step or answer multiple times to solve a problem. In case the answer provided does not help or work don't be dissatisfied, use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button and I will be happy to continue to help.

Let me know when you are ready.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The computer will not power up. I need to remove the back cover..

Do not power on the computer spillage will damage the main motherboard.

Remove the battery and unplug the ac adapter.

What is the make and model?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
There's no make or modle number only lenovo I bought it 2015 as a floor model at frys I cant get the back cover off how do you get it off? The back cover is all one piece

can you click i a picture of the back and post it here using your cell phone. I can tell you after i have a look at the picture.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

picture not clear dont use camera flash put the laptop under a good light and click a fill view of the bottom panel.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Here is the picture

Sill not clear, nevermind you can give me the model number it must be printed on the Lenovo sticker at the bottom panel.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I took another one. Is it better?

can you tell me the model number please.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No model #. Did u see last pic

yes i saw the pic and the lenovo label in the pic was blurred and hazy so could not see whats printed on it

just check on the labels on the back panel and front panel if you see anything like MTM or serial#

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Here are the only numbers on the back: MTM 59418271 and S/N WB15441780 MO WB04101008