Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have not used my Asus laptop in ages and decided I would

Customer Question

I have not used my Asus laptop in ages and decided I would take it on a business trip. It asks for a password ***** all the ones I've used in the past are not working. When we try to request a new one it has some complicated message about a flash drive. Wondered if you could help me.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Model is Q200E. Operating system is Windows 8
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not since the end of last year
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

On the laptop login screen where you enter your password ***** it show

your email address as well as your username?

Expert:  Byron replied 9 months ago.

How long has it been since you used the laptop? If there's nothing important on it you

need the laptop can be reset, allowing you to start over as if it were a new machine.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Regarding email, no does not show my login screen. So if you securely connect to my laptop what is the total cost for this support. Also, would I still have all my Office tools as well access to my gmail account?
Expert:  Byron replied 9 months ago.

Disregard the Secure Remote Assistance request as there would be no way for me to connect

unless you are logged in to the laptop and connected to the internet.

You access your gmail account over the internet so all you would need to do is sign back in to it.

Unless Microsoft Office came installed with the computer, it would need to be re-installed.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Would love to connet to the internet, but need help with resetting my password. Could you help me with that?
Expert:  Byron replied 9 months ago.

Unless your email address is displayed on the screen indicating a Microsoft account was used to set up the machine,

it's a pretty technical process to reset a password ***** a local account like you have configured.

Here's a video that shows what's involved: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aNL8MWIFPU

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't think I can use your service. Please do not charge my credit card. Thank you!
Expert:  Byron replied 9 months ago.

I understand. It's a technical challenge to do that. I don't work in Customer Service and am unable

to process credit card information but you can contact them at: 1-***-***-****

And if you become interested later you might want to have a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvSfbIqRWL8

It's a whole lot easier.