Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a hotmail account and have forgotten the password.

Customer Question

I have a hotmail account and have forgotten the password. I've tried to work through the recovery system, but when you send me a code on my phone to permit me to proceed I have filled one in three separate times and it tells me that I do not have the right code. What's wrong?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

First, are you receiving the codes on your phone? And what is the exact message you get when you try to sign in.?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am receiving codes on my phone. The sequence I follow is this: why can't you sign in?/I forgot my password/I enter***@******.***/I enter the characters I see: SV6W/ to text, I answer last 4 digits of my phone number: 3836/ send the code(###) ###-####(use as Microsoft account password ***** code)/then two-step verification code requires more ID: I provide email:***@******.***. I get no response to that box, and that's where it usually stops. What's wrong?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, when you provide the ID, you click on Next, what then do you see?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think I already answered that with this:***@******.***/I enter the characters I see: SV6W/ to text, I answer last 4 digits of my phone number: 3836/ send the code(###) ###-####(use as Microsoft account password ***** code)/then two-step verification code requires more ID: I provide email:***@******.***. I get no response to that box, and that's where it usually stops. I sent the last such response around 12.36 PM. it's now 12:54 and so still no mail with code from you.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, tell me the code you just received please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

sign into***@******.***

Tell me the code there please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I tried it and it gave me a message "that code didn't work. check the code and try again"
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

The code is incorrect, please sign into the email account

***@******.***

And give me the last code sent, do not try it anywhere just give it to me here

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it was20 October 2016 01:12it was(###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

It indicates it is wrong, put the whole email here please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have and it hasn't produced many results. From the structure of our interactions I have come to the woeful conclusion that "you" are an algorithm. I wish a refund of my $58 dollars and conclusion to this sorry mess.