Usb dvd burner is seen by windows bu applications do not see

Customer Question
i. Says disks are write...
usb dvd burner is seen by windows bu applications do not see i. Says disks are write proeced . So I bough new burner and ssame problems
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
10/19/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
don securely connect if it coss more

The secure remote connection does cost more, though it would be a guaranteed service meaning if I couldnt fix the issue you would be entitled to a full refund. With that being said, we may be able to handle this via written support and save you some $$.. So lets try the steps below~

This wasnt an issue with your DVD burner, or the new one.. This is an issue with your windows registry settings most likely, and much less likely you may just have a bad pack of DVD disks..

lets try some repairs though.

Here is what to do first

1. Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
  2. Type regedit in the Run dialog box, then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password ***** for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow
  3. In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

4. In the right pane, click UpperFilters.

Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry. To do this, go to step 7.
  5. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
  6. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
  7. In the right pane, click LowerFilters.

Note If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry, go to the next resolution.
  8. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
  9. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
  10. Exit Registry Editor.
  11. Restart the computer.

Then, try to write to a blank DVD again, it should work now. If you get stuck, run into any issues or if this does or doesnt work please reply and let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied. If you do not submit a rating, I am in no way credited for my time. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is no LowerFilters.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
in the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Thats fine.. just delete the upper filters then.

And then restart the computer.. Then, test the dvd drive..

let me know what happens ( and if you couldnt find the upper filters either, let me know )

Dustin S

Ok lets try two more steps.

Please press the windows key on your keyboard, hold it down, and press R

( the windows key is two keys to the left of your space bar )

Onscreen should be a box that says Open / Run . In that box type in,

devmgmt.msc and then hit enter...

Then, find your CD / DVD section.. right click and uninstall / delete everything listed in the CD / DVD drive section.

Then, restart the computer, and then run this troubleshooter

http://aka.ms/diag_device

Does that fix the issue?

Dustin S.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do i ghet back o you after i reboot

To get back to me , either check your email. View one of the messages from justanswer that says you have received a reply or a message, open the message. Then inside it click the button that says view or reply on justanswer. That will bring you back to this page where you can scroll down and reply.

Or, go to justanswer.com, login at the top right. Then click my questions at the top right. Then, you will see our question listed there. Click the question, scroll down and reply!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sill says disk is write proecteed
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have to go to an appoinment pretty soon. can we continue later? Do I still have to pay if you cannot resolve he problem?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what shall i try next?

My apologies for the delay.. We can continue later if you choose.

Whether that's later tonight, or later this week.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
well i will be gone a couple of hours. Just post what you want me to try next when i get home please.

If we went to the device manager and deleted your cd / dvd drives.

And if we also ran the diagnostic I sent you.. The our next best bet is turning back the clock with a system restore. A system restore will not delete your files, documents or pictures. And it will only remove updates and programs installed after the system restore date we choose. And if we dont like the outcome, we can undo it completely, with a few clicks. So the steps below would be our next best bet

Click start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore..

Click, restore my computer to an earlier pont, then click next..

We want to choose a restore point that was at least one day before the issues started..

Carry out the restore. the computer will restart, then let me know if that fixed the issue or not..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok i will try these
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The whole point of making his drive work is to make system recovery disks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok i did the restore point and still the same. Now what?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is there a way to make the recovery disks wihout using a drive conneced o his computer? Can i share a drive on a deskop somehow? Make i a nework device? Actually that is no good because even if i had recovery didks there is no way o use them.Original goal to make the usb drive work is sill whaT I need.

Are you trying to recover the computer now?

Or just trying to create the recovery disks so you have them on hand, down the road?

Also, whats the full name brand and model of the computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey Dustin, I rated you so niow can we contuinue and try to get this problem solved? The last thing you asked was model of comuter and I provided that. So what do I need to try next to solve this problem?
Tony

Good morning Tony. Not that a rating is required until weve managed to solve the issue, no rating has went through as of yet.

Also, I'm not sure where you posted or sent the full model of the computer, but it isn't showing here in our conversation.

Can you send the model number again here, in a reply.

Thank you

Dustin S

Hello again, I havent heard from you for a while. Did you still need help with this issue or not?

If you do not need help, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to answer your questions. If you still need help, please send a reply so we can continue working on the issue.

Thanks again,

Dustin S.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
still does not work do you have solution yet?

Whats our end goal here.

You mentioned recovery disks, and asked if you can p ut a recovery disk on a USb drive..

Is that what you want to do? What is the end goal you are trying to accomplish, thank you.

Dustin S

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist