Bruce Wilner
Bruce Wilner,
Experience:  principal at Network Security Labortories Inc.
94527327

Download and open the file named exploring_e08_grader_h1,

Customer Question

Download and open the file named exploring_e08_grader_h1, and then save the file as exploring_e08_grader_h1_LastFirst, replacing “LastFirst” with your name.
Enter a conditional function in cell I5 to calculate average satisfaction for support staff (H5). Format the results with Number format and two decimal positions.
Use the fill handle in cell I5 to copy the function down through the range I6:I9. Be sure to use the appropriate mixed or absolute referencing before copying the functions.
Enter a function in cell J5 to calculate the average salary of all support staff (H5) in the survey.
Use the fill handle in cell J5 to copy the function down through the range J6:J9. Be sure to use the appropriate mixed or absolute referencing before copying the functions.
Enter a function in cell I12 to calculate the number of Directors in the survey that have a job satisfaction level of 4 or higher.
Enter a function in cell I13 to calculate the average salary of Directors in the survey that have a job satisfaction level of 4 or higher.
Adapt the process used in the previous two steps to calculate the total number and average salary of managers that have a job satisfaction of 4 or higher in cells I16 and I17.
Enter a function in cell F4 that calculates the rank of the salary in cell D4 against the range of salaries in the data set.
Use the fill handle to copy the function down column F. Be sure to include the appropriate absolute or mixed cell references before copying the functions.
Enter a function in cell I20 to calculate the minimum Quartile value in the list of salaries.
Use the fill handle to complete the remaining quartile values in cell range I21:I24. Be sure to include the appropriate absolute or mixed cell references before copying the functions.
Enter a function in cell H27 to calculate the correlation of column D and E.
Format the results as Number Format with two decimal positions.
Click the DATA tab and select Data Analysis. Select Descriptive Statistics and click OK. Complete the input criteria using the salary data in column D. Set the Output functions to display on a new worksheet. (Hint: be sure to output Summary Statistics).
Name the newly created worksheet Descriptive Statistics.
Click the DATA tab and select Data Analysis. Select Histogram and click OK. Use the salaries in column D as the input range. Use the quartiles in the range I20:I24 as the bin range. Output the data in cell H29. Be sure to include a chart with the output.
Move the Employee Satisfaction worksheet to display first in the workbook. Ensure that the worksheets are correctly named and placed in the following order in the workbook: Employee Satisfaction; Descriptive Statistics. Save the workbook. Close the workbook and then exit Excel. Submit the workbook as directed.
Category: Computer
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 11 months ago.

do you have an example file of what you are looking to do?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It is not letting me upload the excel file??

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Can you give me an explanation of what to do for each step...(what formulas to insert, how to insert them, how to find tabs and which buttons to press in excel)?

the best bet if you want to would be to do this remotely, for you to do a remote screen share so we can work on it together.

There is an extra fee for this service, I am sending you an additional service offer now.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I would rather just have detailed instructions on what to do

detailed instructions are possible but I would have to do a lot of explaining at it is faster to show you.

If I have to give you all the formulas I might as well just do it.

Either way the price is the same as it is a lot of work

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I'd like to not be charged because I didn't get an answer because I didn't want to pay $100

Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 11 months ago.

I believe I can certainly help you with this.

In fact, I spend more time than I might otherwise wish helping with Excel formulas and Excel macros!

Please post a revised spreadsheet (XLS, please, NOT XLSX) and I will take a look at it to scope things out.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation and for having chosen JustAnswer.com.