Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation
94617175

FOR PROGRAMMER ONLY!”. I was hoping you could work your

FOR PROGRAMMER STEVE ONLY!”Hello again Steve.
I was hoping you could work your magic on another template for me………
This time, I need a Template that will allow me to delete approximately 500 number combinations at a time from a list of approximately 50,000 number combinations.The Excel Spreadsheet I attached shows two Columns:
The 1st Column labeled “ALL COMBINATIONS” is the TOTAL combinations I’m working on.
The 2nd Column labeled: “COMBINATIONS TO DELETE” is the combinations I need to delete from the “ALL COMBINATIONS” Column.I have a lot of “COMBINATIONS TO DELETE” lists to work on so I need a re-usable template where I can simply paste the lists that I need deleted into a column, press a “DELETE” button and have the combinations magically be removed from the ALL COMBINATIONS list (Similar to the last Template you created for me).Are you up to the challenge Sir?
Thank you,
William Zeus
Hello, My name is ***** ***** and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Best regards,
Rachel
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please do not refer my request to Bruce Wilner.
I have dealt with him before, and do not wish to deal with him again.
Thank you,
William Zeus

Hi William,

Would you like me to take this up ?.

I think I can do this.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please do.
Thank you.

Thank you ! I will start working on it.

Please attach the excel file or send me the link to download it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Sir.
Excel spreadsheet is attached.
Let me know if you need anything else.

Coding is almost done. Doing some testing of it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Looking forward to it.
Thank you again Sir.

Please download your template using below link :-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9riqa3i54nar332/TEMPLATE%2BTO%2BDELETE%2BCOMBINATIONS.xlsm?dl=0

I have made minor modification in your template as per the my macro's coding. I tried to delete sample data and it is working fine for me. You can try the same with some sample data and let me know if you find any problem in it.

Once you are satisfied, then you can provide me your valuable rating and bless me. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry Bhavik,
The format you used will not work with my computer setup.
You will need to use the same Excel format I sent you.
I cant even highlight anything on the attachment you sent.

Okay. I will use the same excel file.

Regarding issue with highlight, You may have to click on enable editing and open this sheet in your machine in edit mode.

I will update your template as it is and get back to you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Awesome.
Thank you

Please check out this one.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry Bhavik,
This is still not working. I can't cut and paste or even save it to my desktop.
When I click on a cell, the cell coordinates pop up.!?
I don't know what "version" (type) of Excel you are using, but it's not the same Excel sent you.
I have no idea what this "dropbox" version is or how it works.
I really need this to be in the same Excel format I sent you.
I will resend it.

I am using the same excel which you have sent to me. Please send me the screenshot of your screen. I will be able to figure out the problem.

The excel file which I have sent to you is macro enabled and is having .xlsm extension. You need to download it first to your desktop and press yes/I agree whenever you receive a pop-up while opening it and then you need to click on enable editing button on the top of screen so that you can edit it and use it in your desktop.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will try again.
Please stand by.

Sure.

If dropbox is not working fine for you then here is the direct link : -

http://wikisend.com/download/272420/TEMPLATE+TO+DELETE+COMBINATIONS.xlsm

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I finally figured out how to download it.
Apparently, this "drop box" program is some weird way to send the information?
Of all the Templates I have had created, this was a first. I have never been put through all these hoops to simply open an Excel spreadsheet. I know from previous experiences with JustAnswer this was never used. I am no "computer guy" so this was an extremely difficult exercise for me to navigate.I cut and pasted a bunch of number combinations into the "Combinations to delete" area and clicked the Delete button.
It took forever to get the results. Is it suppose to take this long?

Yes, It will take some time to finish as we have lots of rows to compare. You can multiply column B and Column E to see the number of matching this macro will be performing to get the result.

After matching it deletes cells and shifts the below cells up so that you do not see any empty cell in between. It also preserves your column E so that you get to know how many /which all data you deleted.

For testing you can use couple of records in column E and see if it is working as expected.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's not working Bhavik.
I'm trying to attach the spreadsheet that you sent me to show you and I'm getting this message:Sorry – we can't read that file. Please try another format: jpg, jpeg, gif, png, zip, rar, pdf, doc, xls, ppt, docx, xlsx, swf, flv, fla, or wmv.Why is it I can send you MY version of Excel and you get it, but I cant send you YOUR version?!
I know you can send me an Excel spreadsheet without this "dropbox" stuff. Please do so we can communicate.

Regarding, Dropbox I wasn't knowing that you are using drop box for the first time. Macro enabled files(.xlsm) can not be shareed using JustAnswer's page that's the reason every expert use other medium to share files.

oh, what a coincidence. I was about to tell you the same thing .

I tired multiple times , It is working for me. Can you tell me for which records it is not working for you ?

If you want to send any file to me and you can use http://wikisend.com/

I can call you if you wish.

Experience: Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Please accept the premium service offer so that I can call you. As per site's policy we can not connect until customer opt for premium service. I have kept the price as low as possible.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How?

Thank you . I will call you in a min.

I called to this number but some said it is wrong number.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry,
I'm a horrible typist.(###) ###-####

OK. Give me a min

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Here is that screenshot Sir.

After pressing delete button did you get message saying your task is now complete or no matching records found etc ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It says Task Complete.
Did you see that combination 01,02,10,35,39 did not delete?

Yes, I can see there is a problem . I am fixing it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Almost there.
Thank you again Bhavik.

Please use this link, I fixed a bug in it :-

http://wikisend.com/download/225468/TEMPLATE+TO+DELETE+COMBINATIONS_Bhavik.xlsm

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That is a much better way to send the spreadsheet. Thank you.
The Template seems to be working.
Have you deleted any of the number combinations from column B?
The 3 combinations in column E are not in column B anymore.

Thank you !. Yes, While testing those were deleted.

Let me know if you have anything for me anytime. You can see my contact information below.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Good job Sir!
Thank you again.
5 stars!!!

Hi William. Sorry I missed you on this question. Let me know if you have any more and I'm happy to help. --Steve

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Actually Steve I'm glad you asked!
Bhavik Joshi did a good job for me on this latest Template. However, it is EXTREMY slow. I was wondering if you could take a look at it and see if you could work some magic to make it go faster.
I am at work right now, but when I get home tonight (around 10:00pm PST), I would love to send you the Excel spreadsheet I sent to Bhavik to see if you might have a better approach to the issue.
would that be Ok with you?-William-