Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

Cant get by sign in screen says wrong pin# I know its the

Customer Question

cant get by sign in screen says wrong pin# ***** know its the right # could it be automatic update from Microsoft?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

In order to help you, I need to know what operating system you have on your device. Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8.1, 10, or do you have a Mac?

What is the make/model of computer you are trying to get past the log in screen to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Toshiba, windows 10 ,I'm not at home to give you model #. can call wife maybe for model #
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LapTop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Toshiba Satellite

Do you remember your password?

Right below the box that requests the pin, there are icons.

There is one for password ***** Use your password ***** your microsoft

account to sign in and tell me if you are able to log in first?

It will look like this to switch log in options:

http://www.isumsoft.com/images/windows-10/how-to-unlock-windows-10-forgot-administrator-password/pin-picture.png

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I'm at work now but the 2 icons that come on below are for oin and ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pin# ***** think this is a microsoft auto update

Those are 'types of logins'. Windows 10 is usually associated with your microsoft account/email.

If that computer is hardwired or on wifi, when you change the password ***** your microsoft email,

it would have updated to your computer to sign in as well. Look at the picture. If you click those

icons, it gives you different 'options' to sign in. Try the one for your password ***** your pin isnt working

to get us in.

You can easily set it back to BEFORE the update if you want to try to gain access that way.

Shut down the windows 10 computer, start it.. When it gets to the windows sign in screen, dont sign in.

Instead, left click the power button at the bottom right.

Then, hold down the shift key on your keyboard, and then click restart.

This should bring you to the blue screen menu.. Choose troubleshooting, advanced, and then choose system restore.

Once system restore loads, choose a restore point that was one day before this problem started and then carry out the system restore.

That should fix the issue, but if you get stuck or this doesnt work then please send a detailed reply and I will assist you further as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I've tried that one it didn't work took me back to pin sign in I will try using password ***** can't really remember password ***** i'll guess your answer is already posted openly on line so $44 for answer ?? I will try when I get back home and I will log back into you guys
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I recover Microsoft password ***** had laptop for 18 months only use pin#

Take your time today. When you go to sign in with your password, here is what you should do. It will give you

an 'email' above it that is your microsoft acct.

Try to log onto your email with the password ***** remember on your phone. If it works there, it should work

on your computer as the password ***** ***** with it. make sure you plug in the ethernet cord to your

computer to ensure it tries to get networking.

I will explain. Lets say your email is '*****@******.***'. and you used it to set up your windows 10 computer.

That email is 'on the server'. When you log into that email, with the password ***** look at your emails, your computer

will 'know' from when you set it up. If you are 'online' by ethernet, when you changed your password ***** that email, it

'sees' it and acknowledges it.

If you can get into the email, you should be able to get into the computer.

How to recover will be how you set it up. What does the email end with when you use your password *****

on that pc? @gmail? @outlook?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have never logged into outlook on the laptop only our old sbc account and aol,and yes gmail??

Do you have the pc with you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no its at home ,just thought maybe could get answer w/o laptop will have to try when I get home its been down for approx.2-3weeks

When you get home and click thru those options, update me and let me know what each option

shows. If there is an email, we can try to start there. If not, we can try other recovery options.

Sometimes, these things take awhile. We do understand that. People are busy and have lives.

We do not close out the question, until you do.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks,I can't believe Microsoft sends out automatic update and it locks you out of PC if you left it on. Specially we already have windows 10

Have you tried to restore it back to before this happened with the update? We can try several things together

when you get more time tonight. I will be on EST and in the office late this evening. Just update me and we can

go from there when we can get a visual on the pc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I really mean it you cant get pass sign in window,its a touch screen and nothing works

I understand your concern, but i usually do not say never until i see it myself. There are always ways in

to try until our last resort. Once you get home, just update and we will go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks will try to catch you tonite

Okay.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok back online with my password ***** my sbcglobal.net account ?? kind of strange. Now I want to stop Microsoft updates and choose what I want to download.

There are several ways you can do this and different options. I am leaving you an article below that will

allow you to get to your updates and configure them as you wish.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3085136/windows/two-ways-to-control-or-stop-windows-10-updates.html

Please rate the stars at the top of the page to rate the solution to close the question out, or reply if you need

any further information for your updates on windows 10.

~Franklin